Monday, June 18, 2012

Ugh, ugh, and more UGH!

People suck, in general.  There are, of course, exceptions to this statement.  I mean, I personally don't suck.  I'm actually pretty cool.  But it seems to me that more and more people have absolutely no manners and live in their own ego-centric worlds specifically to make mine miserable.  Work.  Yes, my attitude change has helped, but now I'm getting serious ego-grief from people who had previously been deemed "decent" if not "slightly cool" in my mind.  Pfft.
Work is not my life, work is not my life, work is not my life.  I have to remember this and focus on the awesomeness that IS my life.  My fantastic kid lets, my little house that is my sanctuary from the outside world, the adorable dogs that come through my house on this revolving door foster program.
We had a foster nightmare over the weekend with a little dog who decided that Evelyn was the enemy and attacked her three times.  Luckily he was a lot smaller than her, but it was still frightening and he has been transported, by me, to another foster home with no kids.
We got a new dog today who I wouldn't mind keeping sofar. He's the same size as gonzo, a white terrier and 8 months old.  As I write this Gonzo is peeing on my clothes to mark my room as his... sheesh!  I could definitely live without the smell of dog pee for the rest of my life.
There are 5 super cute chihuahua puppies living in my office who are pee and poop machines.  Big hopes they'll all get adopted sooner rather than later.  I'll take the opportunity when they are gone to put a few more coats of polyurethane down on the floor in there for the next litter we end up with.
Rowan helped me cut up vegetables to make Ratatouille tonight and it smells delicious.  Fingers crossed that the kids will eat it.  Otherwise it will me mommies lunch/dinner for the next week.
Oh and I started weight watchers yesterday and have started swimming with the kids after work every day.  Determined to not be the whale I see in photos friends have taken of me and my kid lets.  That and I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up diabetic soon if I don't watch out.  I've been seeing the signs my dad had before he was diagnosed and I don't want to have to start the whole daily insulin shot routine, ewww.
Nite all, this mommy is tired and needs to get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment