Thursday, September 8, 2011

Another project started

It's official.  I have finally started writing the book I've been talking about for the last 6 years.  The characters are set, the outline written and I think my life has finally calmed down a bit to allow me to get into a writing groove.  Whew!
Of course I can't just do one thing soooooo..... I am starting this blog, writing some premises with a friend for the show I work on, and am starting a very serious "food storage" kick.
I ordered a 1 month supple kit from Augason Farms and am determined to teach myself to cook actual meals for me and my kidlets using ingredients from it.  I don't cook at all, unless you count frozen chicken nuggets in the toaster oven or grilled cheese in the microwave, so this is going to be a HUGE challenge.  If I can manage 2 "real" meals a week through December I may even get ambitious about a garden in the yard.  Fresh food?  OMG!
Now if I could also finish one of the 50 million other projects I've already started to make room for these life would rock!  I've got a chemo cap I need to finish knitting (I wasn't taught using patterns so they tend to tax my brain a bit), a baby blanket to finish crocheting, about 72 granny squares to sew together for a lap throw, 1/2 pound of roving to spin and a sweater to knit by Thanksgiving, and another 45? hours of volunteering to do by the end of the year to get a $1000 donation from work for my daughter's school. ( I'm ignoring the 100 pounds of wool in the garage and the mountain of already spun yarn in piles around the house, the 6ft tall weeds in the backyard, and the general clutter I can't seem to get rid of no matter how much I donate.)
Sounds doable, except that I am so beat by the time I get home every night that I'm proud of myself if I get a load of towels folded.  Real food should give me more energy with less sleep, in theory, so let's see how it goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment