Sunday, February 19, 2012

Foster Dog Nube

So 3 weeks or so ago I took on a foster dog.  This means, a dog that would otherwise have died at the pound or been put back into a pound or whatever, that I have taken home so that a dog rescue group can find it a new home.  Ours is Nube, which is totally appropriate since I'm a Newbie with this whole foster thing.  Today was his first "adoption event" at a petsmart out in beverly hills and, sadly, he didn't do so well.  Decided to bark ferociously at every dog and some of the men who walked by.  Ad to that, he was the only dog there and the Petsmart is new so there wasn't any advertising about it... ya, he's back home with us again.  At least the head of the rescue got some good pictures of him so she can try the online means of pet adoptions.  Naturally Nube is completely pissed off at me now and has gone from "perfect dog for obnoxious children" to "food aggressive scary, feisty dog who needs to stay outside for an hour or so til he calms down".  Ugh!
I really hope she finds the "right" home for him.  He's got some issues that most people would dump him because of.  For example: pees on everything, digs through the trash, runs away if he can get his nose out the door, chews up the kids toys (hey, they have like 950 little plastic toys, I say, thanks for helping me get rid of some) and barks at 4:30am at something I haven't determined yet.  Ya, he needs a dog lover with a nice backyard and a lot of patience :)
In other news...... my mother arrives this Thursday to watch the kids for the weekend.  I am going to Wyoming for a spinning/knitting retreat and am seriously looking forward to it.  I'm tempted to bring the laptop to write, but we'll see.
I've cleaned my room and the girls room sofa this weekend and am hoping to get them organized and the hallway cleared by the end of tomorrow.  That would only leave the breakfast nook as a cleaning challenge and some time left over to work on my editing and book. :)  Cuz' ya know, I'm all about the relaxing.
How do people do all this and work a full time job?  I know I sure fail on the house stuff while working, and I'm soooooooo not looking forward to going back in 3 weeks.  I could totally do this "stay at home" mom thing if someone would care to donate $2 mil (after taxes) to my bank account so I could retire :)

No comments:

Post a Comment